Dowse Sod House Index
1900- Dowse Sod House was built.
1915- The ceiling for original rooms was replaced.
1917- William Dowse added wooden floors as a surprise for his wife.
1924- The west sod wall was removed and a frame room added.
1935- William stuccoed the exterior with concrete.
1941- A tornado passed through the farmstead, the soddy was the only building left standing.
April 2, 1951- William Dowse died.
1959- William R. Dowse, Jr. and family moved out of the soddy.
1980- Philip and Curt Dowse went to work to restore the Sod House where they grew up.
December 1986- The Dowse Sod House was included on the National Register of Historic Places.